Thursday, April 10, 2014

Precious Moms at T4G

For the past three days, my husband and I have been attending Together for the Gospel (T4G.org), a bi-annual conference held in Louisville, KY.   While there I have spoken to several expectant and new mothers, some briefly, others longer.  I met one today who, after two children wants to have a natural childbirth.  I had allowed her to slip ahead of me in the bathroom line (pretty long when about 6,000 people are in the stadium and some of the women's restrooms were converted to men's restrooms because of the 90/10 mix of men to women at the conference!).   As we talked, she asked for some tips on natural childbirth.   I wrote on a paper towel the name of a book, the Evidence Based Birth web site, and other info.  She and I both felt that the Lord had orchestrated that meeting, and I am so happy we met.  Another precious young mother, after having two children, is interested in becoming a doula.  If they, and other read this post, know that you have already been in my prayers.   I enjoyed talking with you and look forward to hearing from you with your birth story, your doula story, and so on.  I am so blessed to have been directed by the Lord into the service in which He has placed me.  Meeting sweet mothers like you is quite a nice perk.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! It's me, the momma you met in line at T4G! I have been browsing your site/links, and needless to say, it has encouraged me to do more research! You may have more questions coming your way! Thanks again for being so helpful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I've sent some info you requested. Keep me posted! Thanks for the comment. You are the first!

    ReplyDelete